Where I See God
Journal #25: Gift of a Prayer
“All the believers were one in heart and mind.” Acts 4:32a
My meeting with the rehearsal dinner location, hadn’t gone so smoothly. It was the first time during this wedding planning season, I had really felt nervous about the plans I’d made for the special dinner. Then my contact with the restaurant stopped returning my calls. My nerves amped up even more. Wedding guests of family and friends were already invited to this particular location. I felt frustrated and nervous.
After I’d shared my fears with my future daughter-in-law, she handled me exactly the way I needed to be handled. She offered to pray for me right in that moment.
I walked away from that conversation with a lot more than calmed nerves over a rehearsal dinner. God gave me several other reassurances.
- My son’s fiancé knew where to take her problems.
- She wasn’t afraid to ask God boldly.
- God allowed me to see this amazing young woman take action with her faith. Her gift to me of prayer not only helped me breathe and surrender the moment, it also gave me a glimpse of the foundation my son’s marriage is about to be built upon.
- God showed me how He had been faithful to answer my prayers about my son’s future wife being someone who would love and serve Him.
- Since God had answered that prayer, He wasn’t about to “not answer” a prayer for strength and help through a stressful situation.
I walked away encouraged.
Today, I had another meeting with the restaurant. It went smoothly. Everything was back on track for the upcoming dinner.
Gratitude replaced fear.
Even though the mishap caused some stress, I’m am very thankful for the opportunity to receive such a blessing from my son’s fiancé.
A prayer answered, a blessing received.